Sunday, February 24, 2013

Men In Black

Actors:  Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones, Rip Torn, Linda Fiorentino, Vincent D'Onofrio
Rating:  7 out of 10, I couldn’t believe, that as serious a sci fi geek that I am that I didn’t own this series of movies.  I truly enjoyed the third installment after hating the second one.  I rediscovered what drew me to the movies in the first place by seeing the original movie again.  There was real chemistry between Jones and Smith and this was before Smith began to take himself too seriously.  The jokes are real and the story moves right along.  I’ve always loved Fiorentino and her semi-gravelly (smoking hot) voice.  She more than holds her own with the boys here.  A big part of the charm in this film was the induction of Smith in the Men in Black and seeing the reactions a normal person has when confronted with highly unusual events.  D’Onofrio steals every scene he’s in as a giant cockroach wearing a human’s skin.  The mannerism and reactions are the funniest things in the movie.  I really enjoyed this trip back and the movie stands up well.
MVP:  D’onofrio wearing his “Edgar-skin suit” is too funny and makes the movie

No comments:

Post a Comment