Sunday, February 24, 2013

Men In Black II

Actors:  Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones, Rip Torn, Lara Flynn Boyle, Rosario Dawson, Johnny Knoxville
Rating:  5 out of 10, I knew I had to suffer through this one to get to the third installment.  It reminded me why I gave up on the series in the first place.  All of the charm of the first movie is missing as Smith becomes too self-important to be likable.  Dawson is very good but wasted in a role as an unknowing alien.  Knoxville is actually pretty funny as a two headed alien that argues with himself.  Boyle is scary but due to her abysmal acting.  Jones returns but sleepwalks through this one obviously just in it to pick up a paycheck.  I got the clear impression he was tired of having to play to and feed Smith’s egomaniacal take on Agent J.  A sad follow up to the very entertaining original.
MVP:  Dawson as the unknowing source of alien power Laura Vasquez

No comments:

Post a Comment