Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tron Legacy

Actors:  Jeff Bridges, Garret Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, Bruce Boxlietner
Rating:  8 out of 10, I didn’t really get into this movie when I first saw it in the theater.  This was surprising given the remarkable special effects.  Seeing it again at home I was drawn more into the story and enjoyed the movie immensely.  Olivia Wilde has definitely made the transition to movies, something other more well known TV actresses have failed at.  She is luminous in this movie.  I loved the computer generated young Jeff Bridges confronting the older version of himself.  I think we’re going to hear a lot more from Hedlund – I normally don’t like characters like he played in this movie, the rich rebel.  He is totally likable and understandable in his characterization.  If you didn’t like this movie the first time – give it another chance – some great acting here.
MVP:  Hedlund does a great job as Sam Flynn playing the obnoxious rich guy without being obnoxious

No comments:

Post a Comment