Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Changeup


Actors:   Ryan Reynolds, Jason Bateman, Leslie Mann, Olivia Wilde, Alan Arkin
Rating:  9 out of 10, this is a time honored Hollywood concept that hardly, if ever, works - the body swap.  Given a really talented cast and a raunchy bent however makes it work here and had me laughing out loud repeatedly.  Bateman and Reynolds are two of my favorite comedic actors and they are extremely funny in this.  Mann is also one of my favorites and she steals every scene she's in - I forgot how hot she can be when she wants to be and as always is never afraid to poke fun at herself.  Wilde proves again that she has the chops to be a real movie star in a very small part.  I like that the actors didn't try to physically imitate the each other but both Reynolds and Bateman are masters of the quick witted response/side comment so the switch was perfect.  I didn't think I would like this movie going in but I ended up loving it.
MVP:  Mann as the loyal consumer of too much Thai food, Jamie Lockwood

No comments:

Post a Comment