Sunday, January 21, 2018

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Actors: Charlie Hunnam, Jude Law, Àstrid Bergès-Frisbey, Djimon Hounsou, Aidan Gillen, Eric Bana
Rating: 7 out of 10, Guy Ritchie directing an Arthurian story was bound to be fun and it was on certain levels. This is the first time we see Arthur growing up as a London pimp and crime lord but Ritchie does crime lords so well. His pell-mell editing style was a little forced in this type story but I still found the movie very entertaining but I think you have to be kind of geek to truly enjoy it, which, of course, I readily admit to. This is the first thing Charlie Hunnam has done that I liked him in. He genuinely surprised me while, almost equally startling, Jude Law disappoints. He plays the evil Vortigen and seems almost disinterested at times in a part where he could have chewed up a lot of scenery. The movie is all over the place but you expect that from Ritchie as he tries to find his voice in every movie. I don’t think he ever truly finds it here but I enjoyed his search.

MVP: Hunham as the semi-good king

No comments:

Post a Comment