Saturday, January 20, 2018

Baby Driver

Actors: Ansel Elgort, Kevin Spacey, Lily James, Eiza González, Jon Hamm, Jamie Foxx, and Jon Bernthal.
Rating: 8 out of 10, The film is very, very good with star turning roles for Ansel Elgort and Lily James. They play a young couple just discovering each other while he tries to extricate himself from life as a getaway driver. The criminals are a strength as both Jamie Foxx and John Hamm ooze menace while Kevin Spacey is up to his old tricks of stealing scenes. Music plays an important role throughout and maybe that’s where I fail because I have zero musical ability. It’s a cute story with some incredible driving but we’ve all seen that before. The last half of the movie truly rocks as Baby tries to balance both of his worlds and fails spectacularly. I know I’m all over the place here and while I really liked the movie I didn’t love it which is what I expected.
MVP: Lily James is luminescent as the object of Baby’s desire - Debora

No comments:

Post a Comment