Sunday, January 28, 2018

It

Actors: Jaeden Lieberher, Bill Skarsgård, Jeremy Ray Taylor, Sophia Lillis, Finn Wolfhard, Wyatt Oleff, Chosen Jacobs, Jack Dylan Grazer, Nicholas Hamilton, Jackson Robert Scott Rating: 9 out of 10, I always liked the TV version shot a couple decades ago and went into this with the resultant chip on my shoulder. The film won me over by the sheer talent of the young actors portraying the doughty Loser’s Club battling Pennywise the Dancing Clown, the ancient evil haunting Derry, Maine. Especially the actors portraying Bill and Beverley who capture the awkward adolescent romance in the midst of fighting ultimate evil. The plot centers on the immense bravery of the Losers and the seeping evil of Derry that’s central to King’s work. I thought they’d be in way over their heads trying to take this on but it was great. And scared the bejesus out of me.

MVP: Bill Skarsgård as the very scary Pennywise the Dancing Clown

No comments:

Post a Comment