Thursday, September 19, 2013

World War Z

Actors:  Brad Pitt, Daniella Kertesz, Mireille Enos
Rating:  9 out of 10, I’m a huge fan of the book which my daughter induced me to read as I’m not into this whole recent zombie craze. I was unsure how they would capture the broad strokes of the book in a movie however this was a great ride.  A singular movie that pushes tension to incredible heights, let’s you breath for a little bit and then ratchets up the stress again. It was a little light on the back story but Pitt was a perfect choice for the understated lead. He’s on a world wide tour to see different kinds of zombies and kill them.  This was definitely a new take on an overdone genre. One where you can clearly see the money spent up on the screen.  I know that’s overused but completely appropriate here; really scary stuff.
MVP:  Daniella Kertesz as the stoically brave Israeli soldier/hottie Segen

No comments:

Post a Comment