Sunday, September 15, 2013

Star Trek Into Darkness

Actors:  John Cho, Benedict Cumberbatch, Alice Eve, Bruce Greenwood, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Peter Weller, Anton Yelchin
Rating:  10 out of 10, I absolutely loved the first JJ Abrams Star Trek movie so I was prepared to be underwhelmed. Somehow he took it to another level because this was not just a better film but significantly better. The movie starts out with a bang and never lets up – it almost leaves you breathless. I loved the odes to the original series – many small and a couple of huge ones. It was so very cool to see all the subtle little connections thrown in.  The strength of this new incarnation is the truly ensemble cast instead of being just the Jim Kirk show.  I’m such a jaded movie goer that it’s rare that special effects blow me away – these did. 
MVP:  Cumberbatch as a truly creepy Khan

No comments:

Post a Comment