Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Project X

Actors:  Thomas Mann, Oliver Cooper, Jonathan Daniel Brown, Dax Flame, Kirby Bliss Blanding
Rating:  6 out of 10, I missed this when it was in theaters mainly because I couldn’t convince the wife to accompany and boy am I glad I couldn’t.  She would have hated this and I’m not sure I really liked it. It revolves around the story of three high school nobodies who change their lives by hosting a truly outrageous birthday party that escalates way out of control.  Apparently their high school has a bunch of twenty something playboy models going to school there which I guess is a good thing.  The leads are not sympathetic at all, especially Cooper who transcends to truly unlikable.  This was made by the same guys who made Hangover but in those movies you at least had someone to root for – not so here.  I wanted to see this because I used to have parties at my house when my parents were out and I thought it would be nostalgic but I never had angry dwarfs locked in the oven or a flame throwing drug dealer burning down the neighborhood so I guess I was pretty lame. 
MVP:  Blanding was memorable as Kirby, the love interest for one of the leads, because she seemed to be the only one who “got it” in the entire cast and she didn’t have to take her clothes off to be memorable

No comments:

Post a Comment