Monday, June 18, 2012

Dazed and Confused

Actors:  Jason London, Joey Lauren Adams, Milla Jovovich, Rory Cochrane, Adam Goldberg, Ben Affleck, Cole Hauser, Parker Posey, Matthew McConaughey
Rating:  7 out of 10, a coming of age movie set in the 1970s that I had never seen.  My daughter felt this was an atrocious failing on my part and on a drive back from Rhode Island, found and purchased the movie at a Best Buy using her I-phone.  We stopped and picked up the movie on our way home and she made a father's day gift of it to me.  I can’t believe I’ve never seen this movie as it has some really big stars in one of their first roles.  It also brought back a lot of memories of my own high school days, mainly due to the hair cuts and fashion styles.  I can’t believe what we thought was cool.  There was also a lot less political correctness which was cool.  The movie kind of meanders between funny bits, Affleck couldn’t act back then either.  McConaughey has the movie’s best moments as a loser who comes back to hang out with high school kids.  I really enjoyed watching this for the nostalgic feelings that were tapped.  London was very good; I can’t believe we haven’t seen more of him.  I really liked the plot line involving a young freshman allowed to hang out with the seniors - every freshman's dream and that's what teh movies are for.
MVP:  McConaughey as Dave Wooderson with the immortal, “all right” line

No comments:

Post a Comment