Monday, March 21, 2016

Sicario

Actors: Emily Blunt, Benicio del Toro, Josh Brolin, Vincent Garber, Daniel Kaluuya
Rating: 9 out of 10, I was wrong about this movie when I saw it in the theater. I bought it on a whim and after watching it I have to admit, it’s a great movie. I must have been in a bad mood or something but this movie crackles. I was excited about this because it featured Emily Blunt and Benicio Del Toro, two of my favorite actors. I’m a firm believer that a movie should be entertaining even its trying to make a heavy handed “message”. The director is obviously in love with daring camera shots and long aerial views of terrain but there was a pretty good story hidden amongst all his posturing and this time I wasn’t distracted by all the posturing. Blunt and especially Del Toro were excellent, if he doesn’t’ get an Oscar nod for this something’s wrong. It’s an eloquent comment on what evil can do to good people. The truly outrageous and unbelievable scenario he employs savages his credibility; but at least we got long loving looks at the barren Arizona desert to compensate. Seer this movie twice, I guarantee the second viewing will make you appreciate it more.

MVP: Del Toro as Alejandro the riveting anti-hero

No comments:

Post a Comment