Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Ironman 3

Actors:  Robert Downey, Jr, Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, Ben Kingsley, James Badge Dale, Rebecca Hall
Rating:  9 out of 10, This was clearly the best movie of the three and that’s saying something since the first was excellent.  The director, Shane Black (former actor and member of Arnie’s gang from Predator), takes the story in a new direction.  While there are astonishing action scenes galore there’s a real attempt at exploring the personality and stress involved in being a mythical superhero.  That may sound far fetched or just plain idiotic but somehow it works in this movie and that’s pretty amazing.  I can’t think of another actor who could be supremely arrogant and still remain lovable but RDJ carries it off.   My somewhat morbid fascination with all things cinematic will tell you that I’m kind of jaded in my film watching expectations.  It is so rare for a movie to astonish me but I found my jaw actually dropping and saying “Wow” during the final battle.  This is a truly great movie.
MVP:  RDJ = Tony Stark – a match made in heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment