Thursday, October 10, 2013

Imposter

Actors:  Gary Sinise, Madeleine Stowe, Vincent D'Onofrio, Tony Shalhoub, Mekhi Phifer
Rating:  6 out of 10, My wife claimed I had seen this before but I steadfastly maintained I had not, until the final five minutes.  I must have seen the ending somewhere because I correctly predicted the supposed twist, or maybe it was just that badly telegraphed.  This sci fi tale of the not too distant future where the ever reliable Sinise plays a government scientist who may or may not have been replaced by an enemy clone.  D’Onofrio plays what has to be the most incompetent police official in the future as he allows Sinise to escape from the middle of a detention cell and then spends the whole movie chasing him.  The movie starts fairly well, it even has some crowd shots stolen from Starship Troopers, but bogs down and ultimately fails because the ending is so pat. 
MVP:  Gary Sinise as Spencer Olham is the only thing watchable in this which in no means is a dig against Ms Stowe

No comments:

Post a Comment