Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Hellboy


Actors: David Harbour, Milla Jovovich, Ian McShane, Sasha Lane, Daniel Dae Kim, Thomas Haden Church
Rating: 8 out of 10, I don’t know why this had to be remade and I found myself constantly comparing the new Hellboy, David Harbour, to Ron Perlman, who would be a tough act for anybody to follow. I know this movie is garnering almost universal scorn but I thought it was sneakily entertaining. I think they went a little overboard with graphic dismemberments which must have set some sort of cinematic record for a single movie. The plot jumped around a little too much but the action was constant and well done. The subtle humor of a huge demon stalking around was well handled and the supporting cast uniformly good. Milla played a helluva good dismembered witch queen if there is such a category. In the end I enjoyed the movie because it was a lot of good old stupid fun which is sometimes a welcome addition in this all too serious world.
MVP: Harbour in the title role brings just the right amount of world weary attitude to the demon lord

No comments:

Post a Comment