Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Birds

Actors: Rod Taylor, Tippi Hedren, Jessica Tandy, Suzanne Pleshette, Veronica Cartwright.
Rating: 9 out of 10, This is the first “horror” movie I can remember be allowed to watch. It scared me then and continues. Hitchcock was truly the master of building suspense gradually to a terrorizing finale. I was too young to appreciate the charms of Ms. Hedren at the time but I can now fully understand why Mr. Hitchcock was so severely smitten. She had screen presence to spare and teamed up with one of my favorite actors of the era, Rod Taylor. Taylor’s weird relationship with his mother was a little distracting but this was the sixties. I think the last scene of the movie could go down as the most tension laden ever filmed. This movie has aged well and is still eminently watchable, a tribute to Hitchcock’s genius; so tough to look away when Hedren is on screen as well.  

MVP: Hedren as Melanie Daniels luminous and smart bird food 

No comments:

Post a Comment