Thursday, September 29, 2016

Warcraft

Actors: Travis Fimmel, Paula Patton, Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, Ben Schnetzer, Robert Kazinsky, Daniel Wu
Rating: 7 out of 10, I’m totally clueless as to the background mythology on the whole Warcraft world but they promised orcs fighting knights so you knew a dedicated geek such as myself would not pass it up. I think my lack of knowledge hurt in understanding the plot which wasn’t helped by some mumbling of lines that should have been policed up in the editing room. Paula Patton can even make green skin with protruding tusks look good and she was one of the best things about the entire movie. I left with the impression this entire film was simply an opening chapter in a series. I’m not sure it’s doing well enough in theaters to justify any sequels, especially given the cost of CGI. I enjoyed the battle scenes and a couple of the very many story lines but when you try to do too much sometimes you don’t do enough.

MVP: Patton looking good in green

No comments:

Post a Comment