Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Brothers Grimsby

Actors: Sacha Baron Cohen, Mark Strong, Rebel Wilson, Isla Fisher, Annabelle Wallis, Gabourey Sidibe, Penélope Cruz, Ian McShane.
Rating: 7 out of 10, I’m almost ashamed to admit that I went to see The Brothers Grimsby last night. I’m certainly ashamed to admit that I laughed for almost the entire length of the movie. Cohen does that to you, he goes lower than even the most modest standards and can make you laugh out loud while cringing at the same time. It isn’t low brow, it’s subterranean brow and it is funny. I’m sure some of the very British jokes eluded me. Cohen plays a clueless British soccer buffoon who reunites with a long lost brother, played by the always awesome Mark Strong, who’s a 007 like spy. I was a little troubled by Cohen’s seeming over focus on anal cavities but with Cohen you forgive a lot. If you’re comfortable leaving the preening umbrella of political correctness behind, go see this and I guarantee you’ll laugh; just never admit to it in front of progressive friends.

MVP: Strong as the brother having Nobby intrude on his life

No comments:

Post a Comment