Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Neverending Story

Actors:  Barret Oliver, Noah Hathaway, Tami Stronach, Moses Gunn, Thomas Hill,  Alan Oppenheimer
Rating:  6 out of 10, I bought this on a whim fondly remembering watching this with my kids when they were very young.  I remembered a good, if child-centric story with a cool flying dog.  The age of CGI has not been kind to the special effects and it struggled to hold my attention without a rapt five year old at my side.  It’s a German story forced into an American milieu which led to some strange scenes but the child actors in this were very good.  It’s the story of the mythical land of Fantasia led by the Childlike Empress who’s struggling against a force called the “Nothing” with able child warrior Atreyu (very cool name). Fantasia is linked to the real world through a book and a bullied young Bastian finds the book and is drawn into the world of Fantasia.  I guess I’m going to wait for grandchildren to enjoy this movie again.   

MVP:  Hathaway as the warrior Atreyu, always surprised he didn’t turn out to be a star as an adult, ton of screen presence at an early age 

No comments:

Post a Comment