Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Jobs

Actors:  Ashton Kutcher, Josh Gad, Dermont Mulroney, Lukas Haas, Matthew Modine, J.K. Simmons
Rating:  6 out of 10, I rented this because I was interested to learn more about the iconic guy that’s flitted around the edge of legendary status for the last thirty years.  If the movie is accurate, which I have serious doubts about, then he was a real a-hole.  I think they relied heavily on the people whom Jobs wronged as sources versus his supporters.  Jobs comes across more as a sociopath than as a visionary.  They would have been better off continuing into his immense success with the I-Pad and I-phone to demonstrate the value of his vision but cut it off at the I-Pod (which seems almost quaint nowadays).  I don’t think I learned a whole lot about him so I’d classify this as a revenge flick more than anything else.
MVP:  Gad as Steve Wozniak, the brains behind the operation

No comments:

Post a Comment