Friday, May 10, 2013

Jack Reacher

Actors:  Tom Cruise, Rosamund Pike, Richard Jenkins, David Oyelowo, Werner Herzog, Jai Courtney
Rating:  9 out of 10, I’m one of the guys the makers of this movie were worried about.  Reacher is one of my literary heroes and I didn’t think there was anyway a pipsqueak like Tom Cruise could carry off the man mountain, bad ass character of Reacher. I was astounded because he did “get it” and accurately captured the Reacher attitude of ,“f--- off, leave me alone or pay the consequences”; the irresistible force of good in an evil world.  I liked it much better after this second viewing because there were so many little pieces of the Reacher persona on display that I missed at the theater.  It is a smart crime thriller and that’s never a bad thing.  Reacher’s legacy is intact – how does that little guy do it?
MVP:  Cruise living up to Reacher

No comments:

Post a Comment