Thursday, May 9, 2024

Wonka

Actors: Timothée Chalamet, Calah Lane, Keegan-Michael Key, Paterson Joseph, Matt Lucas, Mathew Baynton, Sally Hawkins, Rowan Atkinson, Jim Carter, Olivia Colman, Hugh Grant.

Rating: 9 out of 10, The latest film trying to capture Dahl’s immortal candy lord. I’ve never been a big Timothy Chalamet fan but after nailing Paul Atreides in Dune and his performance here, I’m a covert. He’s tone perfect as Willy and ably assisted by a very capable cast. The whimsical setting helps as Wonka’s undefeatable good will cannot fail to capture you. After the last disaster featuring Johnny Depp, this was a welcome return to the heartfelt character. I doubted it going in, but I was totally conquered by this movie. It helped that it was Christmas time and my granddaughter was sitting next to me. Turns out, just as good without accompaniment, just captures you..

MVP: Chalamet, against all odds, best Wonka ever

No comments:

Post a Comment